Anyone who has to purchase packaging supplies knows that they can get to be expensive if not bought through a large vendor because of the overhead that you end up paying for with smaller companies. It is best to select a vendor with at least a 10,000 item product catalog, because this ensures that you are being provided with a comprehensive selection to choose from, in addition to guaranteed in-stock status on virtually all of your packaging supply needs.
When searching for your vendor, take into consideration whether or not they offer same day shipping and ask about any discounts they may have. Chances are, just by contacting them you will be able to negotiate a deal. Remember, the economy is tough right now and people want to sell products. In most situations, there is a little room to haggle with everybody. Ultimately, it’s worth a shot; isn’t it?
There are many ways you can save money on your packaging supply costs, but here are just a few of my favorites:
1. Purchase your items in bulk and get all applicable discounts.
2. When placing an order, purchase as much as possible each time to avoid paying individual shipping fees on separate transactions.
3. Use a local vendor so that your shipping fees will not be as high.
4. Search online for the best deals prior to committing to any particular vendor.
5. Ensure that you are emphasizing customer service when choosing a vendor, because this will save you money over time and good CRM is always a plus in any business relationship, which decreases the chances of you having to spend money on technical support.
All of the above methods are highly recommended and it will improve your overall experience immensely. Having a company that will work with you hand in hand to cater to each and every one of your packaging supply needs is what counts. Customer satisfaction is the number one reason people stay with a business and it shows that brand loyalty is directly impacted by how well a company interacts with its clients.
I definitely recommend using resources like ThomasNet and other similar platforms which provide a comprehensive list of businesses from which you can review products and services, ultimately making your selection. Many of the companies that you will find on such a directory are established, credible businesses with a large customer base. This will save you money because you will be identifying the best companies suited to provide your industrial supply needs, helping to increase operational efficiency and improving your bottom line.
Having the right resources in place at the right time enables a business owner to streamline their processes and focus on other areas, such as marketing and sales. Do you currently pull your packaging and shipping supply resources from multiple areas? If so, you should seriously look into researching companies and finding one which provides the majority of your needs from one single location. This will save your business a lot of money in the long run.
By Nick Melillo